Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hookups

After reading the study on the misconceptions that many adolescents have regarding their peers sexual behavior I was reminded of an interesting article I read during Spring Term. In my amcult class on sexuality we read an article that looked at "hooking up" among young women. The article mentioned a lot about the misconceptions of young women and the prevalence of hooking up, which was attributed in part to the media. I attached the article, it's really interesting read especially because it deals with our age group, I found it very enlightening and very relate able (highly recommended). Just thought I would pass it along in case anyone was interested in the way adolescents perceive their peers level of sexual activity.

Is hooking up bad for young women?
(I couldn't attach the file so here is the link on the library website)

No comments:

Post a Comment